Constructing Excellence Liverpool City Region and our guest speakers are pleased to present a fantastic event on the 19th March 2020 to introduce our members and the region to The Shakespeare North Playhouse an iconic project currently being built in Prescot, Knowsley.
This unique event will provide an overview of Knowsley’s historic connection to William Shakespeare and how this has led to the construction of The Shakespeare North Playhouse in Prescot town centre. Plans for a theatre in Prescot are more than 10 years in the making and the Playhouse will celebrate the Elizabethan and Jacobean heritage of Knowsley, a place with historic links to the Earl’s of Derby and Lord Strange’s men.
This is a major project for the Liverpool City Region and the North of England and will complete the Shakespearean triangle of London – Stratford-upon-Avon – Prescot. When complete it will house a 350-seat theatre, performance studio, exhibition and education centre, coffee shop and office space. It will also provide a major driver for regeneration as well as broadening horizons and opportunities for local communities.
The CE Liverpool City Region Committee would recommend you take this opportunity to learn more about this iconic project at this event. Please note; spaces are limited at this event and early booking is highly recommended.
Our guest speakers at this event will include representation from
- Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council – Client
- Austin Smith Lord – Architect/Designer on this project
- Kier Construction – Main Contractor responsible for the construction of this project
- Mott MacDonald – Civil & Structural Design Engineers
- McCurdy and Co – Craftsmen and Consultants for Historic and Timber Frame projects. McCurdy & Co.’s reconstruction of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, in London, has established them as leaders in the field of authentic reconstruction of historic timber frame buildings and they will recreate Jacobean elements in The Shakespeare North Playhouse