- This event has passed.
How will your business meet net zero? A Construction Industry discussion
24 July, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
About this Event
Background to the event.
In June 2019, the UK government announced an amendment to the Climate Change Act. Taking the target from 80% to 100% GHG reduced emissions – or Net Zero – by 2050.
With the built environment presently contributing around 40% of the UK’s total carbon footprint, the construction sector will require unparalleled innovation to meet this latest target.
Deployment of new technologies, new ways of working, the creation of new business models, service offerings, and, crucially, new market policies and regulations are all but a couple of the challenges.
This event will explore these daunting challenges for the sector, providing advice on some of the small steps you could take, along with considering the commercial opportunities which innovative approaches to decarbonisation may have for your business.
What are the benefits for attending?
- Hear the latest industry news and debate on working towards carbon net-zero specific to your sector
- Learn about some steps you could be taking now to offset your carbon emissions
- Understand what funding mechanism may be available to innovate in your response to current environmental challenges
- Start a journey to working with LJMU & the Clean Growth UK team.
- Professor Andy Ross, LJMU, Built Environment Department
- Steve Hunt, Steven A Hunt & Associates
- Dr. Ariel Edesess, Clean Growth UK
- The reality of carbon targets in the construction sector
- The latest R,D & I
- First steps to becoming carbon neutral – where am I now?
- Moving forward – knowledge transfer, supporting business change & resiliency
- What can we do now?
Please note, the event will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams. The link to join the event will be circulated via email in advance.
For more information, please contact Abi Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org