Liverpool Constructing Excellence Terms of Reference
‘The essence of Best Practice is communicating and sharing experience for mutual benefit’. This is why the Clubs are so important to Constructing Excellence and its regional network. The Clubs bring the benefits of Best Practice to a practical, personal and local level. They encourage a stronger appreciation of Best Practice principles, spreading the message to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout the industry’.
The Liverpool Club will provide information on what is actually happening in the Liverpool area by educating its membership. First hand experience will be obtained from those bodies who are directly undertaking and/or are engaged to deliver the works. It will guide others in Liverpool and provide support and advice to enable better business.
Principles of the Liverpool Constructing Excellence Club:
- Meeting place of all construction related clients and business to discuss, share and learn. It is the ‘Hub’ for information for the Liverpool area activities – special emphasis on delivery and construction rather than strategic planning.
- To learn from strategic bodies the best way forward in Liverpool
- To obtain information on the Liverpool Club including local area responsibilities and the programme of work.
- To obtain information on ‘movers and shakers’ , deliverers and their requirements.
- To access information on training facilities to ensure a labour supply, including the issue of European labour.
- To understand supply chains by identifying suppliers and investigate the utilisation of local labour and resources.
- To be kept aware of progress on construction/legacy and the regeneration programmes including the requirements and opportunities.
- To create effective access and links to business support i.e. Business Link, CITB, etc.
- To form strategic links and work with the other official organisations that are involved in Liverpool including the development corporations and the regeneration agencies.
- Opportunity to network and look for commercial gain by:-
- Informal discussion in a variety of formats – presentations, facilitated engaging workshops and visits to places of interest.
- Presentation by employers (i.e. large contractors and/or procurers of work to facilitate smaller business access to their supply chains).
- To increase profitability through proven best practice – provide access to quality information to promote continuous improvement.
- Improving the understanding of the value of an efficient and educated supply chain.
- Arena to learn more about Best Practice and innovation in construction – ‘pursuing excellence’
- Ways of working more efficiently and affectively.
- Measurement in pursuit of improvement.
- Access to essential practice updates (i.e. legislation change) and regional ‘hot topics’ i.e. health and safety, environmental issues, sustainability, modern methods of construction, lean principles, etc.
- Reassurance and recognition across the Constructing Excellence National Club Network – no one ever claims change to be easy but use the Club as a ‘stepping stone’.
- To promote an open culture of learning and sharing in the industry.
- Improving business for the benefit of own company, client and end user.
- To identify and continuously meet the development needs of its
- By receiving regular information on new products and services available from Constructing Excellence and Liverpool Constructing Excellence members and partners.
- Access to Constructing Excellence regional meetings and visits to demonstration projects.
- Construction CPD Certification of attendance. (One meeting is accredited as one hour’s training).
- Entertaining and educational value to membership